Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
I hope everyone appreciated the start of the challenge yesterday.
I know that each recipe may not be to each person’s taste but throughout the money, there will likely be a few that each person likes and can serve their families. Since the goal is to make dinner times easier, only making a few is still very beneficial. That’s time saved and a good meal on the table.
Today’s recipe is a one-pot meal.
Beef & Black-Eyed Peas
- slow cooker
- Cast iron skillet
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 1 bag 16 oz dried black-eyed peas
- 1 can 10 oz beef broth
- 5 carrots cleaned and diced
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dredge the beef stew meat in flour, salt and pepper it, then brown in a heavy skillet in oil.
- Meanwhile, rinse and sort the black-eyed peas to remove stones, then drain.
- Put the browned beef, peas, broth, carrots, and water in the crockpot.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on LOW for 9 to 10 hours or until black-eyed peas and beef are both tender.
Comment if you made it!
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!