It’s Day #5!
Today’s recipe is a quick Tex-Mex almost-dump recipe — Hot and Slow Tamales. Tasty but requires little prep on your part.
Isn’t it true that some days you want a hot, satisfying meal that you almost don’t do anything for? And if you buy pre-cut onions and pre-shredded cheese, no chopping or grating at all!
Just a little chip crushing…that can be fun!
Of course, you can dress this up if you want — use homemade chili, add frozen corn, or any other veggies that you like to include in your chili.
Either way, make it quick and just enjoy!
Hot & Slow Tamales
- slow cooker
- 2 14 oz. cans chili con carne
- 6 tamales
- 1/2 C of onion chopped
- 2 C corn chips crushed
- 1 C cheddar cheese shredded
- Spread the chili con carne over the bottom of the crockpot. Lay the tamales over the chili. Sprinkle in the onions. Scatter the crushed chips over the onions. Spread the cheese over the top.*
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- *You can add frozen corn to the crockpot if you like corn in your chili
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!