Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
Recipe #7 is a head-scratcher.
“Pizza” in a crockpot.
Not “real” pizza but a dish that has pizza flavors. That got your attention, huh?
There is ground beef, pepperoni, mozzarella with onions, olives, mushrooms, and spinach (for some greenery!). I think it would hit your craving for pizza without the take-out pizza price.
Slow Faux Pizza
- Heavy Skillet
- slow cooker
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef or bulk Italian sausage
- 1 15 oz jar favorite no-sugar-added pizza sauce
- 3 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 12 slices good pepperoni
- 1 cup sliced ripe or green olives
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Brown the ground meat first in a separate skillet, add the pizza sauce and stir to combine.
- Put 1/2 of the meat-sauce into the crockpot, followed by 1/2 the fresh spinach, 1/2 the pepperoni, 1/2 of the olives, 1/2 of the mushrooms, 1/2 the onion, and 1/2 the Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers using up the remaining ingredients, ending with the Mozzarella cheese covering the top.
- Put the crockpot setting on LOW, cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Will serve 6 to 8.
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!