Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
This is the beginning of Week 2 (recipe 8) of the Slow Cooker Challenge.
Have you been making any of the recipes? How did it go? Be sure to let me know in the comments!
On to Week 2:
You don’t have to wait until St. Patrick’s Day to have Corned Beef and Cabbage. With this recipe, you can have it any day of the week! You can also add potatoes if you would like.
I liked corned beef as a kid but my mother thought it was too much trouble to make on a regular basis. If my mother had this recipe, we might have had this for dinner more often.
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Corned Beef & Cabbage
- slow cooker
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp apple cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion diced coarsely
- 2 stalks celery diced coarsely
- 1 Tbsp whole mixed pickling spice or any combination of spices you like
- 3 lb corned beef no spice packet
- 1 large fresh green cabbage cut into 12 wedges
- Put the first 7 ingredients in your crockpot and stir to combine.
- Lay the corned beef on top of the ingredients and ladle some of the liquid from the bottom over the top of the corned beef.
- Set crockpot to LOW, cover and cook for 7 hours.
- Remove cover and arrange cabbage wedges evenly over the top of the corned beef. Replace cover, pushing it down until it is closed tightly, then continue cooking for 1 hour or until the cabbage is tender.
- Cook potatoes separately for those who want them.
- Will serve 6 to 8.
Loving Life — The Reboot!