Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
I remember the first time I saw a stuffed pepper.
I was young and had only seen peppers used as sides and flavor enhancers — never the main dish. As I grew older I learned to appreciate their versatility.
These stuffed peppers are full of meat and veggies making them a great healthy meal. The best things are that cooking them in the slow cooker makes this easy enough for a weekday meal and that the peppers turn out super sweet and tender with the long, slow cooking.
They are so good!
So Good Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
- slow cooker
- Large Bowl
- 6 medium-size green bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium-size onion diced small
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups finely chopped raw cauliflower
- 1 cup finely chopped raw carrot
- 1 can 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Prepare the green bell peppers by cutting the tops off (save the tops) and removing all the seeds and membranes. Set the peppers open side up into the crockpot.
- Put the remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the chicken broth in a large bowl and mix, breaking up the ground beef and pork and making sure everything is combined well.
- Fill the peppers with this mixture, then set the pepper ‘tops’ back on the peppers. The peppers should be over-flowing with the meat mixture, so the top will just teeter on the top of the mixture, it won’t fit down all the way.
- Pour the chicken broth into the crockpot around the peppers.
- Set crockpot to LOW, cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours, until peppers are tender and meat is cooked.
- Will serve 4 to 6.
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!