Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Mornings can be crazed.
Having a ready-to-go breakfast that you can sit down and eat or eat on the run can be a time and lifesaver.
You can use eggs in these burritos or you can make hashbrowns (which is what we do in our house most of the time_ to add to the burritos when you wrap them.
Breakfast Burrito Filling
- slow cooker
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 2 cups broth or water
- 3/4 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder optional
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours. This will be your basic burrito filling minus the eggs. You can start it at night to be ready first thing in the morning. Or cook it whenever you have the time, allow it to cool and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- When you’re ready for your burritos, warm the filling if needed and scramble 1 egg per burrito. Spread some filling and egg on your large flour tortillas, add some shredded cheese and salsa if you like and fold them up.
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!