Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
Beef stroganoff is a common dinner staple in many homes. My mother rarely ever made it from scratch. I bet if she had had this recipe, she might have made it more often!
Traditionally, this dish is served over egg noodles. But with the growing popularity of veggie noodles, it’s a great way to make this dish lighter for the warmer months!
Check it out!
Slow Cooker Summer Stroganoff
- Veggie Peeler
- slow cooker
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 can 10 oz golden cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp onion flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups hot cooked wide egg noodles
- In crockpot mix together meat, soup, mushrooms, water, and onion flakes.
- Set crockpot to LOW heat, cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles with sprig of parsley.
Fun Summer Twist
- Instead of serving it over egg noodles, take a veggie peeler to some yellow squash or zucchini.
- Peel off thin slices that look like wide noodles and keep going round and round until you hit the center of the squash with the seeds.
- Throw the cores of the squash in a freezer bag to use the next time you make soup (or throw them in the compost pile), then saute the squash strips (or zoodles) in a dry skillet until they are soft and floppy like cooked noodles.
- Spoon the slow cooker stroganoff on top.
Oh — intentional leftovers! As I mentioned in my email, this is an opportunity to make use of the concept of intentional leftovers. These are also known by other names — nextovers, etc. You make extra with a plan to use them the next day for another meal. With this recipe, for example, you could make mini potpies or a casserole. Or serve with a different type of noodle. Let your imagination run wild!
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!