Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
One of the benefits of the slow cooker is the ability to dump your ingredients and go.
This recipe lends itself perfectly to that strategy.
You can cut the chicken up into bite-sized pieces before cooking or you can shred the chicken after the chili is done.
You can also meal prep this for someone else to dump into the slow cooker. Put the ingredients into a ziplock bag, and your spouse or kids can start the meal for you. Just remember to leave instructions so they won’t forget to add the water!
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- slow cooker
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs bones, and skin removed, then diced
- 3 cans 14 oz size diced tomatoes with chilies and garlic, undrained
- 1 pkg. 1 oz taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans 15 oz size Great Northern beans, drained
- 3 cups water
- Put everything in the crockpot and give it a stir.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is tender.
I serve this with cornbread or tortilla chips. Corn chips are also great in a pinch.
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!