Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Today is National Peanut Butter Day!
While I am not personally a peanut butter fan, my husband, father, and daughter all are. So that means I must have some peanut butter recipes in my repertoire!
Both really love chocolate so it is in all of their wheelhouses. It’s nice to make so many people happy at once!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits
- 1 pint heavy whipped cream
- ¼ c. honey preferably local, divided
- 1 t. real vanilla extract divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ c. natural sugar-free peanut butter room temperature
- ¼ t. salt
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1/3 c. roasted peanuts chopped
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, one tablespoon honey, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl while blending to incorporate all ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons honey, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and salt in another large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Gently fold in 2/3 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until completely combined. Divide the mousse between four dessert or parfait bowls and set in the refrigerator to chill for approximately 10 minutes. Reserve remaining whipped cream, to serve.
- Right before serving, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 15-30 seconds or until chocolate is completely melted. (Total cook time will vary). Remove chocolate from microwave and stir in the remaining tablespoon of honey. Set aside.
- To serve, remove peanut butter mousse from the refrigerator and top each serving with a spoonful of the remaining whipped cream, a drizzle of melted chocolate, and some chopped peanuts. Enjoy!
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!