Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day.
Another peanut butter day! I understand the love many people have for peanuts and peanut butter but I have always had a weird relationship with the peanut.
There was some question about whether I was actually allergic to peanuts as a child. This was before nut allergies were widely accepted and acknowledged. It wasn’t so bad that I needed to get tested or anything. That wasn’t that common in my circles at that time either. I just avoided them for the most part.
So when I had kids, I wondered if there was going to be an issue for them. I do have several allergies myself.
But both kids started out eating peanut butter — pretty aggressively. My son (he who is picky) stopped around age 8 and won’t go near it anymore.
The daughter eats it for breakfast.
My dad is a peanut butter cookie fan too.
This Chunky Peanut Butter Cookie recipe is for them. Crunchy nuts, chewy cookie — what’s not to like?
I hope you enjoy!
Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
- Baking sheets
- Mixing bowls
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 1½ c. chunky peanut butter
- 1½ c. light brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 t. real vanilla extract
- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 c. unsalted peanuts divided
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat and set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball. Press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten. Add remaining chopped peanuts to the top of the cookies and press the peanuts down into them.
- Place the baking sheets into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Need more peanut butter recipes? Try the Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait
You may save recipes onto your own computer for your personal use; however, you cannot copy this recipe in its entirety and place it on your blog without giving complete credit to Tales of a Realigned Rebooted Mom MD. You may share recipes in email or websites or IN PART, as long as credit is given to Tales of a Realigned Rebooted Mom MD as the author and provide a clickable text link DIRECTLY to the recipe on our blog. You may not sell or charge for access for any recipes copied from this blog. If sharing on Pinterest or other social media, please do not replicate the entire recipe in the description; please provide a direct link to this post. Thank you!
Loving Life — The Reboot!