Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
Another National Food Day!
Today, May 13th is National Hummus Day!
National Hummus Day started in 2012 in Tel Aviv as a joke. Now it has spread all around the world with events where people share their love for hummus.
Hummus can be used as a dip or a sandwich filling. It has a lot of protein and fiber. It’s pretty versatile.
Traditional hummus is made with chickpeas but you can expand your horizons as well.
Different Types of Hummus
Red Pepper Hummus
There are more! Even chocolate hummus.
Here are a few hummus recipes so you can celebrate!
Spicy Hummus Dip
- Food processor
- 1 16 oz can garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Curry powder
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1/3 c. sesame tahini
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve with fresh veggies, pita wedges or crackers.
- Food processor
- 1/2 cup diced silken tofu
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 19 ounces can garbanzo beans, drained
- Place tofu, lemon juice, peanut butter, olive oil, garlic, and garbanzo beans in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth. Chill until ready to serve.
and it uses peanut butter instead of tahini. Very easy and delicious! ”
During National Garlic Month (and Day), I posted a Roasted Garlic Hummus recipe.
Loving Life — The Reboot!