Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Tis past weekend was World Baking Day! I am a little late but there is never a bad time to bake right?
World Baking Day is the third Sunday in May each year. Everyone is encouraged to bake — for themselves and their families and their friends. It has been observed since 2012.
You can still bake something for friends and family. Like this one!
Check out this Chocolate Walnut Brownie recipe!
Chocolate Walnut Brownies
- 8×8 pan
- Minxing bowls
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 t. real vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. ground cocoa powder sweetened
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- ½ c. unsalted butter
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1-1½ c. powdered sugar
- 2-3 T. whole milk
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt to a large bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet until just combined. (Do not over mix or the brownies will turn out “cakey”).
- Stir the chocolate chips and walnuts into the batter and transfer to the prepared baking pan. Spread into an even layer and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Brownies will still be soft and will finish setting while they cool.
- To prepare the frosting, mix the butter with the cocoa powder and 1 cup powdered sugar. Add in one tablespoon of milk at a time until desired consistency is reached. If necessary, add the remaining ½ cup powdered sugar to thicken.
- Once cool, spread frosting on top of the brownies before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Other Baking Recipes
Loving Life — The Reboot!