Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
We have been staying at home for almost 3 months now. School is finally out so the homeschooling portion is over for now. I haven’t really been cooking that much during this time. I had really great intentions but very little time. Now that summer is creeping up, perhaps I can do a better job!
Next up is graduation. Surprisingly, the school district has scheduled an outdoor graduation ceremony. We have to figure out how we are going to handle it. I am still concerned about being around people who may not really believe in masks and social distancing. We have to figure it out.
May is National Loaded Potato Month.
A quick meal that I have always loved is the baked potato. Give me lots of gooey cheesy and bacon and I am a happy girl This recipe has that and adds some broccoli for some crunch and fiber.
Protip: You can wash your raw potatoes in the dishwasher. Just put them in the top rack of the dishwasher on the rinse only cycle (no soap!) Useful if you are cooking a lot of them at once.
Broccoli & Cheddar Loaded Stuffed Potatoes
- Baking Sheet
- 4 large Idaho baking potatoes washed and patted dry
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. coarse sea salt
- ¾ c. Cheddar Jack* cheese shredded, divided
- 6 strips bacon cooked crispy and crumbled, divided
- 3 T. fresh chives finely chopped
- ½ c. Greek yogurt or sour cream optional
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F. Place a wire rack on top of a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes on the wire rack and drizzle each potato with a little olive oil. Spread the oil with your hands until each potato is thoroughly coated. Pierce each potato with a fork several times to vent and sprinkle with the coarse sea salt.
- Place the potatoes in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until they are fork-tender. Remove from the oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut an oval-shaped opening into the top of each potato. Carefully remove the skin inside the opening and scoop out the baked flesh inside with a spoon. Do not cut all the way through the potato. Transfer the baked potato flesh you remove to a medium bowl.
- Add ½ cup cheese and 2/3 of the bacon to the same bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture equally between the four potatoes and place back into the still-hot oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Remove from oven and divide the remaining cheese and bacon between the four potatoes. Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve immediately with some Greek yogurt or sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!
What do you like to add to your loaded potato? Let me know in the comments!
Loving Life — The Reboot!