Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
Hi there! I hope you had a lovely Memorial Day weekend. Today we have another dessert recipe associated with another national day.
May 26th is National Cherry Dessert Day. This Chocolate Cherry Brownie should fit the bill quite nicely!
These Paleo-friendly chocolate cherry brownies are so incredibly moist and full of flavor, you won’t even miss the processed flour, sugar, and dairy ingredients found in more traditional recipes.
For this version, you can use either fresh or frozen cherries. If using frozen cherries, let them thaw completely at room temperature before chopping and adding to the batter. You can also collect the juice while thawing and add it to the batter, as well. You will need to increase the cooking time by several minutes to account for the extra moisture, however.
Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Mixing bowls
- brownie tin
- 4 large eggs
- 2 T. + ¼ c. coconut oil melted
- ½ c. honey preferably local
- ¼ c. almond milk unsweetened
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. chopped pitted cherries
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8-inch brownie pan with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, ¼ cup melted coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and vanilla until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add the chopped, pitted cherries and any juices (if using frozen cherries) and fold until combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and place in the pre-heated oven to bake until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes. (Cooking time will vary by oven. Check after 20 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly).
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature before slicing into squares and serving. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy! Let me know how it goes in the comments.
Loving Life — The Reboot!