Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Another cool month: National Dessert Month.
So you can eat dessert every day this month! Woo-hoo!
And on top of that, October 14th in National Dessert DAY. If you don’t want to have dessert every day, you can just do it on the 14th. It doesn’t matter, this is a great month to enjoy any number of desserts all throughout the month.
One selection is this Lemon Raspberry Loaf.
This delicious lemon raspberry loaf is a welcome addition to Sunday brunch, or it can be enjoyed as a not-too-sweet treat morning or night. For a little added sweetness, be sure to add a light drizzle of the optional lemon glaze right before serving.
I have always liked loaf cakes. They are easier to make — no layers to deal with — and the glaze is optional.
Lemon Raspberry Loaf
- ½ c. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 c. granulated sugar + 2 T. for sprinkling
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. fresh lemon zest
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1 pint fresh raspberries rinsed and patted dry
Optional Lemon Glaze:
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- 2-3 T. fresh lemon juice
- ½ T. fresh lemon zest
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a standard 8½” loaf pan with parchment paper cut to size with the longer edges hanging over the sides. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and one cup sugar together with a hand or stand mixer in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla extract, applesauce, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated into the mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients a little at a time until incorporated into the batter. Use a plastic spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl while mixing.
- Once the wet and dry ingredients are just blended, carefully fold the raspberries into the batter with a plastic spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining granulated sugar evenly across the top.
- Place the loaf pan into the preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (Check after 40 minutes and adjust the final cook time accordingly).
- Remove from the oven and carefully lift the parchment paper to transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If using, prepare the lemon glaze by combining the powdered sugar, two tablespoons lemon juice, and the lemon zest together in a small bowl. Add additional lemon juice, if desired, to adjust the consistency. Set aside.
- Once cooled, drizzle the lemon glaze, if using, on top right before serving. Enjoy!
Not enough dessert for you? Check out these options!
Whatever you decide to make this day or month, enjoy your dessert! And stay safe!
Loving Life — The Reboot!