Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Is it really National Pumpkin Day? I actually thought that fall was just National Pumpkin Season!
Pumpkin is everywhere and then there is Pumpkin spice…
And today, it is here, in this tasty paleo pumpkin spice pancake recipe. Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are a great option for a cozy weekend in or breakfast during the holidays.
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 c. pure pumpkin puree
- 2 T. honey
- ½ c. almond flour
- ½ c. coconut flour
- 1½ t. baking powder
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 t. salt
- 3 T. coconut oil divided
- 1 banana sliced thin
- 1/3 c. pecans chopped
- Optional: Real maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, and honey until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the egg mixture and gently fold the two together until blended.
- Heat one tablespoon coconut oil in a large griddle over medium heat. Once hot, spoon 2-3 tablespoons per pancake and cook for 3 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Repeat this process with the remaining coconut oil and pancake batter.
- To serve, stack 2-3 pancakes per serving and top with sliced bananas, chopped pecans, and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!
Do you need more pumpkin? How about some Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee?
Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee
Homemade Whipped Cream ingredients:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 T. real maple syrup
Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 3 T. cinnamon
- 1 T. ground ginger
- 1 T. ground nutmeg
- 2 t. ground allspice
- 2 t. ground cloves
Pumpkin Pie Spice Irish Coffee:
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 16 oz. freshly brewed hot coffee
- 8 oz. Irish Crème
- additional pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- * substitute pre-made whipped cream if preferred.
- In a large glass bowl, blend 1 pint of heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer or immersion blender until it doubles in size and changes texture. Then, drizzle maple syrup into the bowl and continue blending until the mixture is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin pie spice ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Before brewing, sprinkle fresh coffee grounds with one tablespoon pumpkin pie spice and gently shake to evenly combine the mixture. Brew spiced coffee grounds as usual.
- Pour 2 oz. Irish Cream into each cup and top with 4 oz. of freshly brewed coffee. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice before serving. Enjoy!
Have a beautiful day!
Loving Life — The Reboot!