Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Do you know what your life’s work is? Some people know exactly what they were born to do. But others never find out.
Your life’s work doesn’t have to be a tremendous series of high achieving accomplishments.
In fact, it could be something quite simple yet fulfilling because it’s what you know you’re good at.
Your life’s work is your way of serving others and contributing to the world at large in your own small but significant way.
Is your life’s work your profession? The thing that you graduated with a degree in?
No, but it could be. If you love the work you do in your career and are good at it, then this could be your life’s work or ultimate purpose.
How do you discover what your life’s work is?
- Figure out what you’re good at
- Determine what you’re happy doing
- Find out the ways you’re able to teach and enlighten others with your knowledge
Some people figure out what they’re meant to do and be in this lifetime by figuring out what it is that they do NOT want to do.
So, if you’re unhappy in your current work situation, then take some time to be introspective.
Exercise: Your Gifts, Talents, Strengths, and Skills May Point You to Your Life’s Work
Answer the following questions in detail:
- What am I good at?
- What do I enjoy doing?
- What things would I be good at teaching others?
- Who can I help?
- What are my best qualities?
- What are my talents?
- What skills have I acquired?
- How would I describe my personality?
If, after doing the above soul searching, you’re still not sure what constitutes your life’s work and ultimate purpose, try taking a personality test.
The Myers-Briggs is an in-depth analysis that will shed light on myriad facets of your personality.
After taking this test, write down what you learned about yourself and your strengths. From here, you can embark on your personal journey of self discovery that may lead you to your true purpose and life’s work.
30 Days Blessed Challenge
- Day 1: Attitude of Gratitude
- Day 2: Accentuate the Positive
- Day 3: Slow Down
- Day 4: What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
- Day 5: A Cup of Self-Reflection
- Day 6: Give Thanks for the Simple Things
- Day 7: Hard Times Help Us Appreciate the Good
- Day 8: Nourish Your Soul
- Day 9: Surprise Gifts
- Day 10: Celebrating the “Moments between the Moments”
- Day 11: Take Your Cue from a Child
- Day 12: Appreciating the Wisdom of Our Elders
- Day 13: Grateful for Your Family in All Their Beautiful Imperfection
- Day 14: Commune With Nature
- Day 15: Grateful for Your Powerful, Miraculous Body
- Day 16: Grateful for Your Powerful, Amazing Mind
- Day 17. People with Special Needs Remind of What’s Really Important
- Day 18: Grateful for Creature Comforts
- Day 19: Honoring Your Mother and Father
- Day 20: Challenge Yourself to Live in the Present
- Day 21: Ode to the Bountiful Harvest
- Day 22: Be Thankful for Friends Near and Far
Loving Life — The Reboot!