Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Hello, everyone! I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday season. We stayed at home and spent lots of time with our kids.
Now it’s time to get back to work. I have set new goals and plans for 2021. I am looking forward to this year!
Here is the first new recipe for this year!
National Day: January 5th is National Whipped Cream Day
One thing I did do during the holidays was make gourmet coffee shop drinks for the family along with all the other food that we ate during the holidays. It was nice to nice to enjoy those types of treats without having to leave the house.
All of them taste better with homemade whipped cream!
So, combining, homemade whipped cream and a gourmet coffee drink leads us to this recipe —White Café Mocha with Homemade Whipped Cream
This incredibly rich and decadent gourmet coffee drink is every bit as delicious as the expensive concoctions available at your local coffee shop. As shown, this recipe makes two large 16-oz. drinks. However, it can be divided into 3 or 4 smaller servings depending on what size mugs you use.
White Café Mocha with Homemade Whipped Cream
- Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- ¾ c. heavy whipping cream
- 3 T. powdered sugar
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- White Café Mocha Ingredients:
- 2 c. whole milk
- ½ c. Ghirardelli white chocolate baking chips
- ½ T. coconut oil
- 2 c. freshly brewed strong black coffee
- Optional: Sprinkles for garnish
- To prepare the whipped cream, pour the heavy whipping cream into a large bowl and mix until it becomes partially solid. Add the vanilla extract, and then the powdered sugar, and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan set over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring continually to prevent scorching, until heated through, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour white chocolate chips into a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted. Add the coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Transfer the warm milk into the bowl with thewhite chocolate sauce and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pour the hot coffee into 16-oz. mugs and top each one off with the white chocolate milk mixture.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and add a big dollop to each mug or spooninto an icing bag fitted with a decorative tip to create an attractive swirl. Addsprinkles, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tip: The addition of a little fat, such as melted butter or coconut oil, to the melted chocolate chips helps prevent clumping if the chocolate cools.
Want More Coffeen Shop Drinks?
Loving Life — The Reboot!