Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
May is National Egg Month. Eggs are everywhere, aren’t they?
This recipe is cooking from your heart more than a true recipe. Egg salad is a recipe that is so versatile. It takes on the flavors of whatever seasoning you decide to use. In this version, the horseradish sauce gives it a nice background kick of flavor without being overwhelming. It is a nice variation from your traditional dill or thyme often used.
Everyone has their own favorite way to hard boil eggs. Here are two methods:
Cold Water Start: Place eggs in the pot. Add cold water to 1” above eggs. Heat until the water to boiling. Remove from heat. Cover pan. Let sit for 22-24 minutes. Remove eggs from the water and rinse under cold running water or add to an ice bath for 5 minutes.
Instant Pot Method: Place 1 cup of cold water in an instant pot. Add trivet. Place eggs on the trivet. Check the seal and that vent is on sealing. Cook on Manual, High Pressure for 7 minutes. When time is up Quick Release pressure. Remove eggs and rinse under cold running water. Then place the eggs in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes.
Tip: Using an egg slicer makes quick work of chopping eggs for egg salad.
Here is the recipe for Egg Salad with a Kick Sandwiches
Kicked Up Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 12 lg. eggs hard-boiled
- 3 – 4 T. mayonnaise to desired consistency
- 1 t. dry mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp. horseradish sauce or dry horseradish powder
- Finely chopped celery to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Chives or green onions to taste
- Lettuce leaves romaine or green leaf preferred
- Croissants thin sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed, or radicchio boats
- Serve with fresh vegetable platter and dip or hummus of choice.
- Hard boil eggs using preferred method.
- Peel and chop eggs.
- Finely chop celery.
- Add 3 T mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, and celery to mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add chopped eggs and mix gently. Add salt, pepper, and chives to taste.
- Slice croissants in half. On bottom half, layer a piece of lettuce. Add egg salad. Add croissant tops and place on platter. Serve with a vegetable display and dip. Enjoy!.
Loving Life — The Reboot!