Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Strawberry shortcake is a classic summertime dessert that is perfect most any time. It is ideal for casual get-togethers such as picnics or BBQs. It is fun and festive to serve at brunches, lunches, and baby and bridal showers. Served on China or in a wine or champagne glass, this shortcake is elegant enough for dinner parties. A perfect summertime go-to dessert.
Lemon Strawberry Shortcake
Luscious Lemon Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 T. granulated sugar
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1-1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 6 c. strawberries sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 T. sugar
- whipped cream for filling the shortcakes, store-bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Pour in whipping cream and stir with a spoon until a thick dough forms.
- Using a large spoon or cookie scoop, scoop the shortcakes onto prepared baking sheet. You should get 8 medium-sized shortcakes.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until the shortcakes are golden brown on top.
- While the shortcakes are baking, combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl and let macerate.
- Once shortcakes are baked, let them cool completely before slicing.
- When ready to serve, slice each shortcake in half and fill with whipped cream and macerated strawberries. Enjoy!
And here is another strawberry shortcake recipe:
Loving Life — The Reboot!