Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
The summer is winding down, sadly!
But we can still enjoy the bounty of summer veggies, right?
Here is a recipe that highlights zucchini: Roasted Summer Zucchini Dip!
An incredibly simple appetizer to make with that bounty of summer zucchini. It comes together quickly and is a perfect make-ahead recipe for summer entertaining and snacking. The chilling time in the refrigerator allows the flavors to blend and deepen. This dip is also delightful as a spread to compliment turkey and tomato sandwiches in the place of traditional mayonnaise.
Roasted Summer Zucchini Dip
- 2-3 medium zucchini washed
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ c. Plain Greek yogurt
- ½ c. cream cheese
- 1 c. fresh parsley basil or a combination of the two
- ½ lemon juiced
- Assorted fresh vegetables and crackers as desired
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Slice zucchini and onion into 1/8” slices. In a large bowl, gently toss zucchini and onion with olive oil. Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet and place in the oven to roast until tender and lightly golden, 18-20 minutes.
- Transfer cooked zucchini mixture to a blender or a food processor. Add Greek yogurt, cream cheese, fresh herbs, and lemon juice. Process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning with additional salt, pepper, and/or lemon juice, as needed.
- For best flavor, place in refrigerator to chill and allow the flavors to marinate for at least 90 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!