Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
May is National Salsa Month. Yum!
In celebration of this, here is a recipe for fresh homemade salsa.
Whip up a batch this weekend!
Fresh Homemade Salsa
- 2 lbs. fresh tomatoes divided
- ½ large jalapeño seeded, divided
- ½ large white onion divided
- ½ c. fresh cilantro divided
- 2-3 large cloves garlic peeled
- ½ t. coarse sea salt
- 2-3 T. fresh lime juice
- Divide the tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro equally into two groups.
- Roughly chop one group and add to a high-powered blender or food processor, along with the garlic. Sprinkle with sea salt and pulse until the tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, and garlic are thoroughly combined, but not completely liquified. Transfer to a large, non-reactive bowl and set aside.
- Finely dice the remaining tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro, and add to the bowl with the tomato mixture. Add the fresh lime juice and stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt and fresh lime juice, if desired.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerator overnight to allow the flavors to mingle. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!