Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
With the start of fall, we all start looking for tasty warming drinks as the weather gets cooler.
My husband is a big fan of apple cider, so I am always looking for different ways to get him his cider.
Here is an apple cider recipe with a twist.
The “twist” with this mulled apple cider recipe is the addition of five-spice powder, rather than classic pumpkin pie spices. It adds a little something special to an already great-tasting combination.
One of the best things about this delicious recipe is the warm and wonderful aroma that fills your home every time you make it. It’s a great way to welcome your family home after a long day or to create a cozy atmosphere on a chilly fall or winter weekend afternoon. For added ambiance at your next gathering or get-together, whip up a batch to have quietly simmering in the background – your guests will thank you!
Mulled Apple Cider with a Surprise Twist
- ½ gallon fresh apple cider
- 1 medium organic orange sliced
- ½ c. fresh orange juice
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 10-15 whole cloves
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 2 t. five-spice powder
- Fresh orange slices
- whole cinnamon sticks
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker crock and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7. When finished, remove and discard cinnamon sticks and cooked orange slices.
- Ladle warm cider into large mugs and serve with additional orange slices and fresh cinnamon sticks, if desired.
Other drinks for the seasons: Hot Apple Drinks for Fall
Loving Life — The Reboot!