Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
Today is Lemonade Day!
While this summer has been different than the typical one, we can all still enjoy a cool, refreshing glass of lemonade.
This recipe was inspired by Starbucks™ popular passion tea lemonade.
It’s perfect for a Sunday dinner or just to sip while sitting outside at dusk.
I am a particular fan of Passion tea — I drank a LOT of it while I was pregnant. I wish I had thought of adding lemonade to it back then!
Passion Tea Lemonade
- 5¼ c. water divided
- 4 Tazo® Passion® tea bags
- ¼ c. sugar
- 4 ” piece lemongrass finely chopped
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- ½ c. fresh lemon juice
- Ice to serve
- Fresh lemon slices
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Bring four cups of water to a rapid bowl in a teapot or saucepan. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Allow tea bags to steep for several minutes before discarding.
- To prepare the infused simple syrup, combine a quarter cup water, sugar, lemongrass, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through and starts to thicken, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine-mesh strainer to separate the solids from the liquid. Discard solids and set the remaining simple syrup aside to cool.
- Combine the brewed tea, lemon juice, and remaining cup of water in a large pitcher. Add infused simple syrup, to taste, and stir to combine.
- To serve, fill four chilled glasses with ice before adding the sweetened iced tea mixture. Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!