Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
It’s always a treat to get a kitchen gadget as a holiday gift and this year, the Insta Pot Duo Mini is in demand. The device is designed to be used by anyone, including big families, even though it’s a mini version.
Because it’s compact, it doesn’t take up much counter space, but it still delivers big results. It can be used for a variety of functions – from making full meals to desserts to side dishes and more.
One of the reasons for the popularity of this gadget is that it’s a 7-in-1 appliance. So not only does it save room in the kitchen, but it’s also a time saver. It can take the place of your slow cooker, your pressure cooker, and more.
- The front of the Insta pot has an easy-to-read screen with clear push buttons for operation with 14 one-touch presets.
- On one side of the pot, you’ll be able to select choices like making soup or broth, using it as a slow cooker, using it as a steamer, or sautéing different foods. The pot can also be used to make yogurt.
- You can also select the easy delayed start (up to 24 hours) feature. With this feature, you can choose how you want the food prepared, then select the timer to input when you want the hours and minutes to begin.
- If you cook something and want to keep it warm, the pot has a “keep warm” feature.
- There’s also a prominent cancel option if you accidentally make the wrong selection and need to start over.
- The Duo Mini can sense the set cooking time and will stop when the appropriate time has elapsed. However, during the cooking phases, the pot will change how hot the food is cooked or lower it so that the food is cooked correctly.
Pressure Cooker Tidbits
- You have the option of choosing the pressure level, and one of the features is the ability to choose low, normal, or more.
- The pot will automatically monitor the pressure so that you don’t have to fret about that like you do a regular pressure cooker.
- It also tracks the temperature of whatever you’re using the pot for.
More Details/ Pot Size
- Not only can this cooker do all of this without intervention, but it will also make the food dishes as much as 70% quicker than if you were using individual gadgets to do the same job.
- Because it cooks quickly, the pot is able to lock in more of the vitamins and minerals in the foods that you eat.
- Though it’s small, it still can hold a lot. For example, the pot has the ability to cook as much as 6 cups of many different types of rice, which doubles the amount when it’s cooked. You can set the pot and have dinner ready in a flash when you get home after a long day.
- It can also be used to reheat leftovers.
Loving Life — The Reboot!