Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
July 10th is National Pina Colada Day!
The Pina Colada was first created in Puerto Rico in 1954. There is some debate about the origin but the legend goes that the Caribe Hilton asked their bartender Ramón “Monchito” Marrero to create a drink that signified the flavors and tastes of the island.
Ta-Da! The Pina Colada was born.
Of course, there are other stories about the origin of this tasty drink. But either way, the pina colada has had a long and lovely history. It has also been the basis for other products: jelly beans, smoothies, air fresheners, sodas, and even protein powders.
This recipe pina colada punch makes a big batch of punch with the pina colada flavors. You can make it with or without alcohol. You can also tweak according to your tastes and perhaps add crushed ice instead to get more of the frozen drink feel.
Pina Colada Punch
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 2 15 oz. cans cream of coconut
- 1 46 oz. can pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 32 oz. bottle club soda, chilled
- 2 c. light rum optional
- In a pitcher, add pineapple juice, cream of coconut and crushed pineapple. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Before serving, add the club soda and rum. Stir and serve over ice.
- Garnish each glass with an orange slice & a maraschino cherry.
Loving Life — The Reboot!