Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Oh dear! It’s a day that we try to ignore but it’s impossible!
All of this to celebrate bacon — which I know I shouldn’t eat that much of — but it’s BACON!
Today’s recipe is a One-Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup with a Side Salad.
This is a creamy, cheeseburger-y, and bacony soup that will be perfect as we move into fall.
One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon chopped
- 1 lbs. 80% lean ground beef
- ½ t. onion powder
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- ½ large head cauliflower chopped small
- 3 c. beef broth preferably organic, divided
- 1/3 c. heavy cream tempered
- 3 c. sharp cheddar cheese finely shredded
- 2 T. fresh parsley chopped
- 6 c. baby arugula
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 oz. Pecorino-Romano cheese shaved
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper taste
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy, approximately 6-7 minutes. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and blot off excess grease. Drain and discard bacon grease from skillet before returning to the cooktop.
- Add ground beef to the same skillet and sprinkle the onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and smoked paprika on top. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and beef broth to the skillet and stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until heated through and the cauliflower is fork tender, but not mushy, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, prepare the side salad by adding the baby arugula, grape tomatoes, and the Pecorino-Romano cheese to a large bowl. Add the olive oil and fresh lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- When the cauliflower is fork tender, remove the skillet from heat. To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding one or two tablespoons of the hot liquid from the skillet to it. Stir the tempered cream and sharp cheddar cheese into the skillet until the cheese is thoroughly melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- To serve, ladle the soup into individual serving bowls. Crumble the cooked bacon and sprinkle on top of each bowl along with the fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately with some of the arugula salad on the side. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe, let us know in the comments!
Loving Life — The Reboot!