Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
This is a delicious fuss-free steak recipe perfect to prepare outdoors on the grill, or inside on a grill pan on the stove-top. The ingredient list is simple, and it only takes a few minutes to whip up this flavor-packed steak everyone will love.
Regular olive oil has a higher smoke point than extra virgin olive oil. It is, therefore, recommended over extra virgin olive oil due to the grilling temperature in this recipe.
Please note that actual cook time will vary depending on a number of factors, including the internal starting temperature of the steak, thickness, and the desired final cooking temperature.
For best results, remove steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking and use an instant-read thermometer to determine level of doneness while cooking. As a general rule of thumb, remove steaks from grill when they are 5-10°F below desired final temperature as they will continue to cook while resting.
Grilled Balsamic Marinated Steak
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- ½ c. Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. Olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 t. Dried basil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Sirloin steak
- Combine mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and basil in a large shallow pan. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine.
- Season steak with black pepper and add to the marinade. Turn steak with tongs a few times to ensure steak is evenly coated with the marinade.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 10 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium heat or grill-pan on the stovetop top on medium-high.
- Remove steak from marinade allowing excess marinade to drip off. Lightly season steak with salt and black pepper on the first side. Grill steak on medium 4-5 minutes. Turn steak, season with salt and black pepper to taste on 2nd side and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until steak reaches desired level of doneness.
- Transfer to a platter and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice steak and serve with Grilled Corn On the Cob With Herbed Parmesan Butter or your favorite side dish.
Loving Life — The Reboot!