Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
Trying to come up with creative treats to serve at your Halloween party? Try the Halloween recipes for these creepy concoctions.
- 1 pkg instant chocolate pudding 3.9 oz size
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 pkg regular Oreo cookies
- 1 pkg Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies
- Gummy Worms
- Candy Pumpkins
- Cool Whip Topping
- Chocolate Chips
- Mix pudding mix and cold milk in a bowl with a whisk for 2 minutes. Allow to soft-set (around 5 minutes)
- Crush Oreos by placing in a plastic Ziploc bag and rolling with a
rolling pin until crumbled.
- Combine pudding and crushed Oreos.
- Pour the pudding and cookie mixture into a flat pan and smooth out.
- About an hour before your party starts, fill it with spooky stuff.
- Break each Milano cookie in half and prop up in an arrangement of headstones.
- Place some candy pumpkins around.
- Slither in some gummy worms.
- Just before serving, dollop in some Cool Whip ghosts with chocolate chip eyes.
This recipe allows the kids to get involved!
Homemade Candy Apples
- Apples Granny Smith are great choices
- Melting Caramel or Caramel Candies Usually located in the Produce or Candy Section
- An Assortment of Candies and other Toppings chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, Reese's Pieces, colored and chocolate sprinkles, peanuts, coconut, crumbled Oreos, Butterfingers, etc.
- Popsicle Sticks
- Cookie Sheets
- Waxed Paper
- Bowls and Spoons for Toppings
- Paper Plates
- Line the cookie sheets with wax paper
- Pour candies and toppings into bowls
- Wash and dry the apples
- Insert a popsicle stick into each apple
- Melt caramel on the stove on low, stirring constantly
- Have each guest dip their apple into the caramel and place on a paper
- Each person gets to use a spoon to scoop up and stick on or roll their
apple in their favorite toppings
- Set apples on waxed paper sheets to harden. When cool, eat.
Additionally, here are a couple of Halloween recipes that are a little less labor-intensive and don’t necessarily involve the stove!
Halloween Recipes: Snack Mix
The first selection is to make your own snack mix, similar to Chex mix but with a Halloween theme. This snack mix should start with any type of dry cereal you like. Chex cereal really is one of the best options but be creative and pick anything you want. You will then add in other snack pieces that you think complement it, such as mini pretzels, candy corn, sunflower seeds that have been roasted, and bite-size Halloween candy pieces for some added sweetness.
Halloween Recipes: Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
For this Halloween recipe, you can start with store-bought plain Rice Krispie treats (or you can make some using the traditional Rice Krispie treat recipe). Use green and black frostings to paint on the Frankenstein’s face, and you’re all done!
Halloween Recipes: Witch Hat Cupcakes
If you are going to have cupcakes for Halloween, whether as dessert for your kids, to bring to their school, or for a Halloween party, witch hat cupcakes are a really fun idea. You can start with store-bought cupcakes or use your favorite recipe (box or scratch) to bake a standard cupcake. The same goes for frosting. A chocolate cupcake with a bold purple frosting is good for a witch cupcake. You then take a mini ice cream cone, dip it in melted chocolate, and turn it upside down, then place it on top of the cupcake.
Loving Life — The Reboot!
More Halloween Posts
- Other Ways to Celebrate: Other Alternatives to Celebrate, Adult Halloween Parties
- Costume Posts: Baby and Toddler Costumes, Superhero Costumes,
- Halloween Food: Creepy Concoctions
- Freebie: Halloween Decor eBook
- If you need an activity book for your kids this Halloween, check this one out: Halloween Activity Book
This article provides general information and discussion about health and related subjects. The information and other content provided in this article, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. Consult your own physician for any medical issues that you may be having.