Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Macaroni and Cheese!
One of my favorite things on earth! And not the instant kind — that’s for my kids… LOL
No, I love macaroni and cheese. As I have noted before, I have been known to pick a restaurant based on the availability of cheesy dishes! The goal of holiday meals is to find good stuff to go with the mac N cheese.
My mother made great macaroni and cheese — without a recipe. I could never quite imitate her dish — and I tried! So, I found a couple of recipes that may not have been just like hers but were exceptional! My usual go-to recipe has FOUR kinds of cheese and is divine! But it takes time…grating and grating and grating 4 kinds of cheese…
If you don’t have that kind of time, it’s possible to make good mac N cheese in the slow cooker. Really! This one is a great recipe to try. It’s quick and easy and cheesy, cheesy, cheesy!
Best Slowcooker Mac N Cheese
- 2 C elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 C of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 8 oz. processed cheese cubed
- 2 C sharp cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- Cook the macaroni as directed on the package. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a bowl whisk together the evaporated milk, milk, egg, and butter.
- Place the macaroni into the crockpot. Pour the milk mixture over the macaroni. Add the processed cheese and 1 1/2 C of the shredded cheese. Stir to incorporate the cheese into the macaroni mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until the center is set, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top and heat 3 minutes or just until the cheese begins to melt.
- Makes 8 servings
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge,
Loving Life — The Reboot!