Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
It’s Valentine’s Day today! And February is National Chocolate Lover’s Month. There has been a lot of doubling up this month — perfect for planning posts!
If you celebrate Valentine’s Day, have a beautiful day! I know it’s a commercial holiday, etc. etc… My husband likes to remind me of that. However, we find it a great excuse to have a date night.
So we recognize but work with it!
Anyway, today we have a lovely chocolate treat that you could use for Valentine’s Day. Looking for a delicious snack to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than these decadent chocolate hazelnut truffles.
The best part? Dates and a touch of maple syrup add just enough sweetness without adding any refined sugar.
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
- Food processor
- several bowls
- ½ c. raw hazelnuts
- 12 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 T. cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 T. coconut flour
- 1 T. coconut oil melted
- 1½ T. pure maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ t. coarse salt
- ¼ c. hazelnuts or almonds ground
- ¼ c. coconut flakes finely shredded
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder + ¼ t. each cayenne pepper and coarse salt
- Place pitted dates in a small bowl filled with warm water. Set aside to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. Pour each selected coating, if using, onto a separate shallow, rimmed plate and set aside.
- Add hazelnuts to a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Remove the softened dates from bowl and drain off any excess water. Add dates and cocoa powder to food processor and blend until smooth, approximately 3-4 minutes. Scrape the sides, as necessary, to ensure mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Tip: Add a few drops of water at a time, if necessary, to achieve a smooth consistency, but don’t add too much.
- Add coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt to the mixture and process until combined.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and divide into 15-18 equal-sized portions. Roll each section of dough into a ball before rolling in the selected coatings.
- Once coated, place on prepared baking tray and place in the refrigerator to chill for several minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!