Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
It is still National Garlic Month! A perfect month for the garlic lovers of the world!
Here is another garlic recipe for the themed month. The co-star in the recipe is cauliflower. The new-found love for cauliflower is weird for me. I grew up running from this veggie as fast as I could. Now, it’s everyone’s friend and in EVERYTHING!
I have adapted, I think. Or is it that today’s cauliflower tastes better than the version from my youth? LOL
It’s anyone’s guess…🤷🏽♀️
Back to the garlic and cauliflower mash recipe….
This tasty cauliflower mash pairs well with a large number of beef, pork, chicken, and plant-based entrees. Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to get a healthy dinner on the table without too much fuss.
ProTip: Steaming the garlic along with the cauliflower will remove the raw edge and make it more tender.
Garlic and Chive Cauliflower Mash
- Steamer Basket
- Food processor
- 1 medium cauliflower head florets only
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves peeled
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 T. fresh chives chopped
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!
Other Garlic Recipes:
- National Garlic Month: What Are the Benefits of Garlic?
- Gluten-Free Garlic-Parmesean Turkey Meatballs
Loving Life — The Reboot!