All things that I love.
Combined together in a gluten-free turkey bundle of goodness?
I am in!
I am sharing this recipe today because it is (March 9th) National Meatball Day.
These scrumptious, gluten-free meatballs are a real crowd-pleaser. Here, traditional breadcrumbs are replaced with a hearty portion of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, while a combination of spices and fresh herbs pack tons of flavor into every bite.
This recipe freezes well, so make a double or triple batch if time allows. Then simply pull out of the freezer, reheat, and serve for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
Pro Tip: To help the meatballs hold their round shape, bake them on their own first before adding the tomato sauce.
Gluten-Free Garlic-Parmesan Turkey Meatballs
- 2 c. tomato sauce
- 2 lbs. ground turkey breast
- 1 large or 2 small eggs
- 1½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ T. fresh oregano leaves
- 3 T. fresh basil leaves chopped
- 3 T. fresh parsley chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic finely minced
- 1 T. onion salt
- ½ T crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Additionaltomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil for serving.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- Pour tomato sauce into 9×13” glass baking dish and spread in a thin layer to cover the bottom and set aside.
- Add ground turkey, eggs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, onion salt, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Thoroughly combine mixture and divide into 24 equal-sized portions. (For larger meatballs, separate into 18 portions). Add more Parmesan cheese, if necessary, to bind the ingredients.
- Gently roll each portion into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving room between each meatball. Place baking sheet in pre-heated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer meatballs to prepared baking dish. Drizzle with additional tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Place baking dish in oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until sauce and meatballs are heated through. Remove from oven and serve immediately with additional tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil, if desired. Enjoy!
You can use these as appetizers as noted in this post: 7 Hearty Party Appetizers
You may save recipes onto your own computer for your personal use; however, you cannot copy this recipe in its entirety and place it on your blog without giving complete credit to Tales of a Realigned Rebooted Mom MD. You may share recipes in email or websites or IN PART, as long as credit is given to Tales of a Realigned Rebooted Mom MD as the author and provide a clickable text link DIRECTLY to the recipe on our blog. You may not sell or charge for access for any recipes copied from this blog. If sharing on Pinterest or other social media, please do not replicate the entire recipe in the description; please provide a direct link to this post. Thank you!
Loving Life — The Reboot!