Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Another National Pecan Month recipe!
When I was a child, pork chops was one of my favorite meals! Juicy fried pork chops! Yum!
My mom used a basic flour recipe when making her chops. This recipe would have been a welcome addition to the dinner repertoire when I was a kid.
Pecan Crusted Pork Chops with Plum Sauce
- Food processor
- Cast iron skillet
- 2 large eggs
- 3 T. Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1½ c. pecans
- 3 T. fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 thick-cut boneless pork chops
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large plums pitted and chopped
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 3 T. honey
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs with the Dijon mustard. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the pecans and rosemary leaves into a food processor and roughly process into crumbs, leaving some larger pieces for texture. Transfer to a shallow plate and set aside.
- Season the pork chops with salt and black pepper on both sides and dip each chop into the egg mixture, then into the pecan crumbs, making sure the chops are coated with pecans on each side.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron or other oven-safe skillets over medium heat. Once hot, sear the pecan-crusted chops, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cast iron skillet to the preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chop reads just below 145°F. (The temperature will rise several degrees while the meat rests).
- While the chops are roasting, combine the plums, balsamic vinegar, and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the plums start to break down and the sauce starts to thicken approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth.
- When ready, remove the pork chops from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Rest for 5 minutes before serving along with the sweet plum sauce. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!