Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
July 16th is National Fresh Spinach Day. No canned or frozen spinach today. Some people say not cooked spinach either but we are going to be a little more lenient here. 🤷🏾
I happen to be a spinach lover from a long way back. I don’t know if it was because of Popeye and this spinach-induced strength. Or maybe because I was told that spinach would help my eyesight. Perhaps it was because I thought spinach tasted better than collard greens. Yes, I am a Southern girl — don’t @ me! 😁
Whatever the reason, I have carried that love into my adult life. I have tried to convert my family — to little effect. Husband and children — all strongly dislike spinach.
But I am still trying…maybe this recipe will do the trick.
Today’s recipe to celebrate National Fresh Spinach Day is Keto Creamed Spinach.
It’s great for the entire family — if you are on a special diet or not. With the cream and cream cheese, the creamed spinach dish is not low fat, so keep that in mind.
Keto Creamed Spinach
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 10 c. baby spinach chopped
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened and cut into small chunks
- ½ t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Gradually add the spinach and sauté briefly just until it wilts. Continue until all the spinach has been added and wilted down. Do not overcook.
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Heat, stirring frequently until the cream cheese melts completely and the mixture is heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with your choice of main dishes. Enjoy!
- Calories: 213
- Fat: 20.66g
- Carbs: 4.42g
- Net Carbs: 2.72g
- Protein: 4.53g
Did you make this dish? How did it turn out?
Here is another fresh spinach dish you can try to celebrate this day: Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip with Toasted Corn Tortilla Chips
Loving Life — The Reboot!