Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Today, August 9th is National Rice Pudding Day
I remember having this dessert first when I was in kindergarten. It was usually part of our lunch and was mass-produced. LOL
It was not my favorite thing — I was 5!
Finally, as a teen, I was given a new version — one made in a home. Hmmm — it was quite tasty! So, it moved up my list of things I like to eat!
This Creamy Instant Pot Rice Pudding recipe makes a really creamy version without much effort on your part!
This creamy, custard-like rice pudding is so delicious and easy to make, it just might become your new favorite dessert. It is wonderful on its own with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and maple syrup or with some fresh berries and whipped cream.
Creamy Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- pressure cooker
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Arborio rice rinsed and well-drained
- 2½ c. almond milk divided
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- 2 eggs
Optional toppings and garnish:
- Fresh berries
- Whipped cream
- Warm berry compote
- Ground cinnamon
- Real maple syrup
- Cinnamon sticks
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and press the “Sauté” button. Adjust the heat setting to normal. Add rice and stir until coated in the oil and lightly toasted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Turn Instant Pot off and add 2 cups almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extra, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add lid and lock into place. Press the “Manual” button and adjust the setting to high. Set cook time to 10 minutes and set the pressure valve to “Sealing.” After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the remaining almond milk in a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- When the cooking time is complete, turn the Instant Pot off to prevent scorching. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, and then release the remaining pressure manually.
- Unlock and remove the lid and transfer one heaping spoonful of the hot rice mixture to the beaten eggs and stir to combine. Repeat with another spoonful of rice before slowly whisking the tempered egg mixture into the Instant Pot.
- Press the “Sauté” button and adjust the heat setting to normal. Stir the mixture continually until the pudding thickens and the egg is thoroughly incorporated approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and immediately remove the cooking container to prevent scorching. Allow pudding to cool slightly before serving or transfer to a storage container and press a layer of plastic wrap across the surface before placing it in the refrigerator.
- Serve warm or chilled topped with fresh fruit or warm berry compote and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!