This Grilled Chicken & Brie Panini recipe is perfect for a lazy Sunday lunch. It also hits on several of the National “Months” for this month.
It’s National Sandwich Month.
It’s National Peach Month,
And it’s National Panini Month.
Creamy melted Brie, peppery arugula, and the savory warmth of the spicy peach compote perfectly complement the chicken breast in this panini. The peach compote recipe can be found here.
To save time, use rotisserie chicken breast or off-the-bone chicken breast from the deli counter. If you don’t care for arugula, chopped fresh basil would be a nice alternative. If you have one, a panini press is the best tool for preparing this recipe. However, a grill pan (or even a large skillet) can also be used. Use a clean heavy cast iron skillet or a spatula to press down on the roll while toasting for the best results.
Tip: For best results, cut the ciabatta rolls in half prior to assembling. They are much more difficult to cut once assembled and toasted.
Grilled Chicken & Brie Panini
- ½ c. savory peach compote
- 4 ciabatta rolls cut in half lengthwise
- 1 c. fresh arugula
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and sliced thin
- 4 oz. Brie rind removed and sliced
- Potato chips to serve (optional)
- Spread the savory peach compote on the cut surface of the ciabatta rolls.
- Top one-half of the rolls with the arugula, chicken breast, and sliced Brie. Add remaining bread on top to form a sandwich.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium heat and add the sandwiches. Press down on the sandwiches with a spatula or a clean heavy cast-iron skillet for better contact while grilling.
- Heat until the bread is toasted, approximately 4-5 minutes, before carefully turning the sandwiches. Repeat on the remaining side until toasted, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately along with some potato chips or choice of side dishes. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!