Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Here’s another post for National Peach Month! This Chicken & Rice with Warm Peach Sauce is a perfect entry.
To make this recipe, you can use the Savory Peach Compote linked here. Since you have made it ahead of time, it makes this recipe a quick weekday family meal. Add a nice side salad and some crusty bread — YUM!
Chicken & Rice with Warm Peach Sauce
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1¼ c. savory peach compote*
- To serve:
- 3 c. cooked rice of choice
- 2 t. white sesame seeds optional
- Heat olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and season with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned on all sides, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the savory peach compote to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is warm throughout approximately 8-10 minutes.
Tip: Steamed broccoli or cauliflower rice would be a great alternative to traditional rice if preferred. Another grain like quinoa could work as well.
Loving Life — The Reboot!