Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
It’s perfect that National Pancake Day falls on a Saturday. You have some time for you or someone else in your family to whip up a nice batch of fluffy pancakes.
I was a big pancake lover as a kid. The family lore was that at the age of two, I was ready to fight my maternal grandmother over the last pancake at the kitchen table.
It gets worse…
At the International House of Pancakes (IHOP), I also completely obliterated 2 servings of the Silver Dollar platter — at age 2. At the time — it was close to 10 pancakes (smaller than regular but somewhat bigger than a silver dollar). And I asked for more!?!? I was known to eat whatever my dad ate. I would also make an earnest attempt to eat as much as he did.
Call me the Baby Pancake Monster!
My mom made pancakes quite often and I loved it. We typically used a box mix. As a kid, I didn’t realize there were other options.
But I do now. While I don’t make them as much as my mom did, I have experimented with different recipes — bacon, chocolate chips, blueberries in the batter. But it seems that my kids are minimalists. They don’t want extra stuff in their pancakes most of the time. So, this recipe is cool with them!
Today’s tribute to National Pancake Day is Cream Cheese Pancakes with Fresh Berries. This recipe is flourless and keto-friendly. Yum! Easy to prepare using a blender. Then you can pour the batter into your cooking utensil of choice. Minimal mess.
Tips for Success
Tip 1: This recipe was prepared with this cast-iron 2-sided grill. However, any large, well-seasoned cast-iron skillet could also be used for this.
Tip 2: The batter for this recipe is relatively thin, so you may find smaller pancakes easier to flip.
Tip 3: You an use powdered sugar instead of powdered monk fruit if you would like!
Cream Cheese Pancakes with Fresh Berries
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened and cut into cubes
- 6 large eggs
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
- 1 c. fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 T. powdered monk fruit optional
- Real maple syrup to serve
- Add cream cheese, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to a high-powered blender. Cover and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Heat a cast iron griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add ½ tablespoon olive oil to griddle and spread around with a rubber spatula.
- Pour 3 small pancakes onto the griddle (approximately 2-3 tablespoons each), leaving enough space in between so they don’t run together. Cook until the edges just begin to turn brown and the pancakes are set, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully flip each pancake and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes or just until golden brown on the bottom. Transfer cooked pancakes to a platter and keep warm. Repeat this process with remaining olive oil until all batter is cooked.
- To serve, divide the pancakes among individual serving plates and top with fresh berries, a sprinkle of powdered monk fruit, if desired, and some real maple syrup. Enjoy!
Here is another recipe for National Pancake Day: Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes. Mix the ingredients in a blender, pour onto a sheet pan, and pop in the oven. Easy, peasy!
Let me know how you like the Cream Cheese Pancakes with Fresh Berries in the comments!
Loving Life — The Reboot!