Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
It’s winter and it’s the perfect time to use your slow cooker for flavorful meals. Soups and stews are great when it’s cold outside.
Here is a stew that seems light but is packed with veggies and is really filling with some good crusty bread.
Love stews and soups!
Here’s the recipe for this simple Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetables Stew.!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 large celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 3 large carrots cut in chunks
- 1½ lbs. tri-color potatoes halved or quartered
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 1 t. dried rosemary
- 4 c. chicken stock preferably organic
- 3 T. fresh parsley finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned on all sides, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker and add the chopped celery, onion, carrots, and potatoes. Top with the bay leaves, dried herbs, and chicken stock. Season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Remove lid and stir to combine. Remove and discard bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and serve immediately topped with some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!