Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Mornings can be hectic, so this make-ahead recipe means one less thing you need to do before you start your day. As an added bonus, this healthy and delicious overnight breakfast recipe will have your house smelling like freshly baked apple pie when you wake up in the morning.
It’s a good day for this recipe because it’s National Gluten-Free Day! I know there is some controversy about gluten and oats so if you are concerned, you can purchase gluten-free oats for this recipe.
This recipe also fits into the slow cooker month theme so it’s a big win-win! Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Apple-Cinnamon Oats
- slow cooker
- 1 c. steel-cut oats
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. fresh apple cider
- 2 medium apples cored and diced
- 1½ T. honey preferably local
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground nutmeg
- ½ t. ground allspice
- ½ t. salt to taste
- 1 medium apple cored and diced
- ½ c. pecans chopped
- Real maple syrup
- Add oats, water, cider, apples, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt to greased or lined slow cooker crock and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Actual cooking time will vary depending on your slow cooker, so check for doneness after 5 hours and adjust cooking time accordingly.
- To serve, allow to cool slightly before spooning into bowls and topping with fresh chopped apples, pecans, and some real maple syrup, if desired.
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!