Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
It’s National Slow Cooker Month!
This month I am publishing posts about slow cooking — slow cooker reviews, shopping tips, and recipes!
I am a fan of the slow cooker because I don’t always have time to be standing in front of the stove! I have tried freezer meals for the family. These included significant meal prep and storage of the partially completed meal which you could then dump into the crockpot after thawing. The strategy was somewhat successful with my somewhat picky family. but I enjoyed the ease of it.
I had gotten out of the habit of cooking as life got in the way but it’s a new decade, right?
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
I’m excited to share some amazing slow cooker recipes throughout the month of January Let’s start things off with a bang – how about some beef pot roast? This is a favorite and perfect for a nice Sunday Supper.
Slow Cooked Beef Pot Roast
- 4 lb. beef roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, scrubbed *can add carrots if desired
- salt and pepper
- Put oil in a cast-iron skillet, salt and pepper the roast, and brown it over medium heat, turning to brown all sides of the roast.
- Remove the roast and place it on a platter. Turn the heat to low under the skillet.
- In the same skillet mix together the soup, dry onion soup mix, and water. Stir to mix and get the browned bits off of the bottom.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture from skillet into the crockpot, then lay the roast in.
- Pour the remaining mixture from the skillet over the top of the roast.
- Arrange the potatoes around the roast in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the roast falls apart and the vegetables are tender.
Let me know in the comment section if you make it!
Again, sign up here if you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!