Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Pot pies have always been a favorite of mine. As a child, I ate a chicken pot pie almost every Friday night because my parents ate fish and I am allergic to it! Since then, I have been a fan!
I don’t often have time to make a traditional chicken or turkey pot pie from scratch and bake it in a pie crust. So this is a simpler take on it.
Don’t let the list of ingredients intimidate you. I do all the chopping the night before and store the ingredients in the fridge (or buy precut items if you are short on time!). In the morning, just spray your slow cooker, pop in the ingredients and seasonings and turn it on.
Slow Cooker Turkey Pot Pie
- slow cooker
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless turkey breast tenderloin cut into cubes
- 1/2 C onion chopped
- 1/2 C carrots chopped
- 1/2 C celery chopped
- 1 4.5 oz. jar mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 10 3/4 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 frozen mixed vegetables thawed and drained well
- 1 15 oz. pkg. refrigerated pie crust, softened
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese grated
- Spray the crock well with a non stick cooking spray.
- Place the turkey, onion, carrots, celery and mushrooms into the crock pot. Sprinkle with the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the water and stir to blend together well.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in the soup and mixed vegetables well. Recover the crock pot, adjust the heat to high and cook 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Remove the pie crust and unroll. Cut the pie crust into 12 rounds using a cookie cutter or the open end of a glass. Place the rounds on an ungreased cookie sheet and sprinkle each round with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the rounds for 8 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Top each serving of turkey with two pie crust rounds.
- Makes 6 servings
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!