Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Do you ever have one of those days where you’re in the mood for some comfort food? I do.
Soup is my go-to comfort food, Here’s a versatile recipe that can play a role in an everyday dinner or in an elegant dinner.
Take a look!
Creamed Cauliflower & Cheese Soup
- 2 large head cauliflower cleaned and cut up
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 large can 48 oz chicken stock (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded mild Cheddar or American cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Put the first 4 ingredients in crockpot.
- Set crockpot to LOW, cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours.
- When done cooking, use an immersion blender to puree the mixture in the crockpot, or remove the mixture to the blender and blend until smooth, then return to crockpot.
- When the mixture is smooth and returned to crockpot, turn crockpot heat to HIGH, add the cumin, Worcestershire sauce, heavy cream, and shredded cheese, stirring until mixture is hot and cheese is melted. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Will serve 4 to 6.
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!