Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
There is a National Cheese Ball Day!
I am a big cheese fan for better or worse. When I attend parties, I generally gravitate towards the cheese tray or the cheese ball appetizer. I am easy to read in that way.
National Cheeseball Day can also refer to the puffed cheeseball snacks as well. So whichever way you want to celebrate this cheesy day, you can.
But if you want to make a cheese ball for your family to enjoy during your quarantine and a movie, here is a recipe that they are all sure to enjoy! Bacon, cheese, a little heat for the jalepenos…
I think it could be a hit!
Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball Appetizer
- Food processor
- 8 thick-cut slices of bacon
- ½ large jalapeño pepper finely minced, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- ½ c. Mexican-blend cheese finely shredded
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. Mexican oregano
- ½ t. chipotle powder
- ½ t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Vegetables of choice
- Gluten-free crackers
- Line a large plate with paper towels and place 4 slices of bacon on top. Cover with additional paper towels. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Remove from microwave and discard paper towels. Repeat process with additional paper towels and remaining slices of bacon.
- Place crispy bacon in a food processor and pulse briefly until roughly chopped. Transfer bacon crumbs to a large bowl, along with half the jalapeño pepper, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining jalapeño pepper, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, smoked paprika, Mexican oregano, chipotle powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir vigorously to combine.
- Shape the cheese mixture into a ball with your hands and transfer to a serving plate. Place in the refrigerator to firm up a bit, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove cheese ball from refrigerator and gently roll in the bacon jalapeño mixture until thoroughly coated. Return to serving dish and serve immediately with sliced vegetables and/or gluten-free crackers. Enjoy!
You can serve this with other foods as well. I suspect you can use this as a spread instead of making the cheese ball appetizer to make little tea sandwiches too!
Loving Life — The Reboot!