Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
The last week in July is Salad Week.
I am sharing a couple of salads this week — this one and the Classic Caesar Salad recipe. I am a HUGE fan of salads and would love to just run a salad bar out of my fridge.
But that’s not feasible so we have to find other options.
This Roasted Artichoke and Mozzarella Salad is nice for a weekday meal. But it also dresses up nice if you are having a bigger gathering (when life returns to normal — stay safe everyone!).
Roasted Artichoke and Mozzarella Salad
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 14- oz. can or jar artichoke hearts drained and rinsed
- 1 t. dried Italian seasoning divided
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 c. fresh arugula
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 medium red onion cut in half and sliced
- 3 T. capers drained
- 3 T. fresh parsley chopped
- 2 T. fresh basil thinly sliced
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 8- oz. small fresh Mozzarella balls cut in half
- Sprigs of fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat.
- Pat the artichoke hearts dry and transfer to a large bowl. Add one tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, and the minced garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss to combine.
- Arrange seasoned artichokes on the prepared baking sheet in a single, uniform layer and place in the pre-heated oven to roast until tender and slightly browned around the edges, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- While the artichokes roast, combine the fresh arugula, tomatoes, red onion, capers, and fresh herbs in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk together until emulsified. Set aside.
- Remove the artichokes from the oven and cool for several minutes before adding to the salad. Toss to combine and top with fresh Mozzarella. Garnish with fresh herbs, if using, and serve immediately with the balsamic dressing. Enjoy!
Did you try this Roasted Artichoke and Mozzarella Salad at home? Let me know in the commments!
Loving Life — The Reboot!