It’s National Cheesecake Day!
Today I am sharing THREE cheesecake recipes one in this post and 2 in the next post.
Different flavors and different types. You should have enough choices to start your National Cheesecake Day celebration.
This lead-off recipe — Greek Yogurt Berry Cheesecake Parfaits — is a no-cook cheesecake version.
Perfect for the hot summer months. No oven necessary and filled with fresh fruit! Yum! It’s also very easy to pull together for a family dessert!
Greek Yogurt Berry Cheesecake Parfaits
- ¼ c. raw almonds
- ¼ c. raw pecans
- 3 pitted dates roughly chopped
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 c. full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 T. honey preferably local (or maple syrup)
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1 c. strawberries chopped
- 1 c. raspberries
- ½ c. blueberries
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine almonds, pecans, dates, and cinnamon. Pulse until the mixture starts to form a ball and the nuts are nicely broken down. Divide the nut crust between 4 individual serving dishes or jars and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- Tip: If cream cheese isn’t fully softened, beat it first before adding the other ingredients.
- Divide half of the cheesecake mixture between the 4 serving dishes or jars and divide half of the berries among the individual dishes. Repeat this process with remaining cheesecake mixture and fresh berries.
- Place the parfaits in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill. To serve, garnish with ground cinnamon or an extra drizzle of honey, if desired. Enjoy!
Note: There are nuts in this recipe (in the crust). If you don’t like nuts, you can substitute a different crust recipe in the parfait.
Loving Life — The Reboot!