Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Since it is now Spring, it’s time for lighter, fresher fare.
Say hello to the Sheet-pan recipe: Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus.
There are several advantages to this recipe…
- Sheet pan! This cuts down on the pots and pans that you need to cook with.
- Lemon! The lemon adds a splash of brightness and flavor to the shrimp and asparagus.
- There is garlic! April is National Garlic Month so this recipe is another way to celebrate the beauty that is garlic!
So celebrate this Spring Day with this lovely light dish!
Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. wild-caught Gulf shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 T. unsalted butter melted
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¼ t. ground chipotle powder
- 2 large lemons
- 3 T. fresh parsley finely chopped
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat.
- Add the trimmed asparagus to the baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss until the asparagus is evenly coated. Spread the asparagus into a single layer without overcrowding.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for 12-14 minutes.
- While the asparagus is roasting, add the peeled shrimp, melted butter, garlic, and chipotle powder to a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Cut one of the lemons into 8 wedges and the other into thin slices. Set aside.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and let cool slightly before adding the seasoned shrimp to the baking sheet. Carefully arrange the shrimp and asparagus into a single layer without overcrowding. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired, and squeeze two of the lemon wedges over the top.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top before returning the baking sheet to the oven. Roast for another 5 minutes, or until the shrimp is opaque and the asparagus is crisp-tender and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. To serve, transfer the shrimp and asparagus to a platter and pour the juices from the baking sheet on top. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley and offer the remaining lemon wedges on the side for squeezing. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!