Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
August 4th is National Chocolate Cookie Day. And a great day it is!
Chocolate chip cookies stand near the heap of all cookies Nothing is better than a perfect chocolate chip cookie. A perfect chocolate chip cookie is slightly crispy on the outside, chewy, and chocolatey on the inside, the perfect combination in every single bite.
This gluten-free chocolate chip cookie is no exception. It’s been adapted from the recipe here: http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/1470/chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies-gluten-free-recipe but made slightly ever healthier with egg substitute and more flavorful with almond flour.
The butter flavor shortening actually works better than the butter as it’s more stable in baking.
It is fun to find different recipes to make the classic delight. Check it out!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Gluten Free Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 Cup Butter Flavored Shortening
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 Cup Egg Substitute
- 2 Teaspoons Gluten Free Vanilla
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Mix wet ingredients in one bowl until creamy.
- Mix dry ingredients, including chips in another bowl.
- Combine the two and stir until all dry ingredients are wet.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons full onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Remove to cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with a large glass of unsweetened almond milk for the perfect after school snack.
If you make this recipe for gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, let us know in the comments!
Loving Life — The Reboot!