Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Today August 22nd is Eat a Peach Day!
What does that mean?
Eat a Peach Day is all about the glorious peach. Today we are supposed to eat peaches since it is right in the middle of the peach harvest season. I didn’t know that China produces half of the world’s peaches! I did know about Georgia, the Peach State — I used to live there. Everything peach and all.
So to follow the suggestion of “Eat a Peach”, here is a quick and easy recipe for baked peaches. A little tangy and sweet but bursting with peach flavor.
5-Ingredient Baked Balsamic Peaches with Fresh Maple Whipped Cream
- 4 large peaches cut in half, pits removed
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 t. ground cinnamon + more for garnish
- 2½ T. real maple syrup divided
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking sheet.
- Arrange peach halves on the baking sheet and spread the balsamic vinegar over the exposed surface with a pastry brush. Sprinkle the ground cinnamon on top, divided evenly between the peach halves.
- Drizzle two tablespoons maple syrup on top, using the pastry brush to cover the entire surface of each peach half.
- Place the baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the peaches are tender and warmed through.
- While the peaches are baking, pour the heavy cream into a medium mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Add the remaining maple syrup and continue beating until well combined.
- Remove the peaches from the oven and serve warm topped with a dollop of the maple whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please share it with us in the comments!
Loving Life — The Reboot!